Yeah no but then women and men are TOTALLY equal what are feminists even talking about??????????????
just wrote a song thing what? what!!
yay! usually songs don’t happen but I was listening to music while writing a poem and now I’m laying the poem over the track once I fix all the little kinks. so excite!
I find it funny how people refuse to acknowledge mental illness until they need an excuse to protect a white man
#and by funny i mean awful
Now you know the truth of what’s going through my mind at parties.
oh my gosh the last panel actually made me tear up
I can’t tell you how accurate this is
This is a really good depiction of social anxiety because it focuses on inner states rather then outward actions. As someone very good at concealing his anxiety, I appreciate it.
is he wearing a “u mad bro” shirt?
Missed this going up because I was on holiday but the blogger @ohmylovelondon shoot is now online, everyone looks incredible. Such a great day spent with some amazing girls 💜💜💜
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
… wow, now I feel like my AP US History teacher went above and beyond in a lot of ways. We spent a fair bit of time talking about the “boarding schools” that … really, boarding school isn’t the right name for them. Forced acculturation centers is a better term. While we didn’t go into depth on our early presidents’ attitudes, he was rather … critical (that’s a good, mild term) of the idea of manifest destiny, and strongly attacked the theft of native land.
I wish every school, every US history student, had a teacher like that. Because he was amazing. He was the first person to really teach me to be critical of history books, and for that I will always be grateful.
Dolce & Gabbana S/S 2015 - Backstage
“She has everything,” says director Jean-Marc Vallée, “and yet she’s still compelled to go outside of her comfort zone.”
Photographed by Mikael Jansson
Read Reese Witherspoon’s October 2014 cover story on Vogue.com.
More than 3,000 Yazidi women and children have been captured by ISIS militants and are reportedly being trafficked for sex. One young woman who escaped told BBC News she saw girls as young as nine being sold. The Yazidis are asking for support to bring back their girls and have drawn up lists of those they’re searching for.
"They took all our girls. It’s all we care about. The world must help us," said one woman whose two daughters are missing.
Read more via BBC